Light Duty Snow Plow

no good.

first off, it *should* be a 6'6" to fit our jeeps properly.

on top of that, you want something with a hydraulic lift system, and preferably an angling system.

I just picked up a meyers e-47 6'6" 4 way plow for $250 after searching high and low for it. I have about $100 more into it with fluid, seals, and a pump motor. I still need to take it apart and repair the a-frame, but it does work very well aside from that.

no good.

on top of that, you want something with a hydraulic lift system, and preferably an angling system.

I just picked up a meyers e-47 6'6" 4 way plow for $250 after searching high and low for it. I have about $100 more into it with fluid, seals, and a pump motor. I still need to take it apart and repair the a-frame, but it does work very well aside from that.

I agree and disagree with you. I have own 3 different plow set ups on my jeeps, the first one wasa meyers 4 way on my cj and it worked very nice, next I got a good deal on a snowbear plow just like the one in the above picture, this plow went up and down with a small winch but the angle part was a manual affair that got old quickly. I used this set up to plow my own personal driveway and my neighbors and it did the job but like I said getting in and out of the jeep to angle the plow got really old quickly. I did too got this set up used for $150, I had to buy the jeep specific frame mount that ran me another $250 or so - now it was not such a good deal. I no longer have this set up as I ended gettind a 4 way snoway plow with down pressure which works really nice. Bottom line if you are just plowing your driveway, do not mind getting out the jeep to angle the plow and can get the plow for next to nothing with the jeep specific frame mount included - I say get it and enjoy.

How do these mount to the uniframe? They mount up like a aftermarket bumper kind of sort?

They are a snap to mount!, very easy - it uses the unibody channel under the jeep to lock in the frame and an existing bolt hole - it really very easy to mount the frame to the jeep - once that is in the jeep you drive into the plow and lock the plow to the frame with pins...very easy..

no good.

I agree and disagree with you. I have own 3 different plow set ups on my jeeps, the first one wasa meyers 4 way on my cj and it worked very nice, next I got a good deal on a snowbear plow just like the one in the above picture, this plow went up and down with a small winch but the angle part was a manual affair that got old quickly. I used this set up to plow my own personal driveway and my neighbors and it did the job but like I said getting in and out of the jeep to angle the plow got really old quickly. I did too got this set up used for $150, I had to buy the jeep specific frame mount that ran me another $250 or so - now it was not such a good deal. I no longer have this set up as I ended gettind a 4 way snoway plow with down pressure which works really nice. Bottom line if you are just plowing your driveway, do not mind getting out the jeep to angle the plow and can get the plow for next to nothing with the jeep specific frame mount included - I say get it and enjoy.

eh. i've done the manual thing. worse, i've done it on an open cab tractor with a 3 point grader. plowing for me MUST be inside a cab now, there must be heat, and I ain't gettin out until I'm done, or I'm stuck.

I'm with you, I also want to be able to control the plow from the comfort of my heated jeep! But just to give you an idea of how my manual plow looked like - check it out.

here you can see the snoway plow mounted in my comanche in the upper left hand corner.

A meyers tube style plow power angle in near impossible to come by around here. The cheapest I found was $700 and it looked like it came out of the swamp.

yeah. I paid $250 for mine, and dropped $80 on a new pump motor, $20 on the proper MEYER fluid, and I still have to get paint and tear it apart to rebuild the A frame, replace all the pins for the angling rams, and repair the center pivot section.

I'll be out $500.

my bro paid $1000 for the exact same plow, in the exact same shape, but with a comanche specific mount...my mount was for a chevy luv.

the snoway plow is the perfect plow for a unibody xj or mj as it weight much less that the meyers I use to have. The snoway is aroung 350 lb including the frame mount. The light weight savings is due in part because of the polycarbonate blade instead of steel blade. I went with the 22 series plow with down pressure, I also use a set of air bags in the front coils to help with the nose down look of the mj when the plow is on - they do make a difference and they cost about $80 at jcwhitney and they are super easy to install. Check the plow here www.snoway.com/index.cfm/act/plow/s/11

I looked long and hard for this set up and only found one close to me but the subframe came from a toyota pick up (I ended up selling the toyota subframe on e-bay for $300). The plow had little used and it looked like new - I got it for $1200. I had to buy a subframe for my mj that cost me $600. I hate to admit this but I bought the plow without trying it after all it looked and smell like new, it had been in inside storage for a few years so I figure it should be just fine. After I got it home, I installed it I could not get it to work at all so I had to take it to the local dealer who told me I had a bad modulle and it will cost me another $300 to fix - at this point I'm knee deep into this thing so I had no choice but to fix it - that was 5 years ago, the plow its been working just fine ever since.

Found this western plow that was mounted to a CJ-7. What would this take to mount up to my mj? The owner has a mount for CJ-7 and a chevy S 10. Could I possibly use these mounts to fab something up?

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Hey Jeepco do you have a pic of how you mounted your plow to the unibody?

The short answer is no, its not going to easly work as the cj mount vs. the mj mount is different. Now if you have the time, the fabrication tools and skill you can make anything work but by the time you do you will wonder that getting the vehecle specific mount is so much easier... don't ask me how I know.

Ive decided on going with the set-up a member coco here built him self. http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4375&hilit=comanche+snow+plow&start=60

I found a few meyers 6'6" blade with A frame and angle pistons for short money. If I build this mount then all I need to get my hands on is a good pump and controls.