Need advice on CJ-7`s

sinkrun

Ran into a older friend of my dads he says your into jeeps I say ya. Well he has 2 cj-7`s that have not been on the road in 10 years one still runs and one does not. Frames look pretty bad on one the other so-so and tubs are shot. One has a motor he says has less than 5000 miles its was a reman but thats the one that has not been started in over 5 years. He says $750.00 for both and I know very little about these types of jeeps. I need to know is there any money in these for parts and such or do people rebuild these. I would love to keep them and rebuild one but I am thinking it would take a ton of money. Edit, he was not home so not sure of the years they were both carb motors she said she thought early and mid 80`s?

Pay a couple bucks more and get one from outside the rust belt. They can be had around here running, and driving, not to mention rust free, for around 2-4k. You would be so far ahead by getting something in decent shape than buying two piles of scrap.

The CJ series has always been my favorite line of Jeeps. They are so much fun to drive and work on but can become money / time pits very quickly. I spent close to 3 years and almost 10k restoring one. If you have space, time and money to rebuild one of those I say go for it. :thumbsup: