price guide

I've located a 1986 MJ, 4x4, 2.8, auto, 80,000 mi, all original. Body is in pretty good shape just your usual wear with age, no visible rust or body repair. Interior is good. Assuming engine all drivetrain components work as they should what would you estimate the value at? The asking price is $3800.

I went to both KBB and NADA and of course the don't go past 1990, so they were no help. Is there a online price guide for these MJ's?

It's tough on older vehicles, especially non-collectibles. $3800 sounds pretty high for a Comanche, unless it's in perfect original condition or has been totally rebuilt.

I've always heard that the 4.0 is the preferred motor - does the V6 have something I don't know about that makes it worth more?

Edit: NADA Classics says Low Retail:$2550. Average Retail: $5525. High Retail: $7775.

Given the asking prices I've seen for decent trucks, those numbers sound high, but who knows? In this economy, the monetary value of an object is not a penny more than someone is willing to pay for it. I'd make an offer.

It's tough on older vehicles, especially non-collectibles. $3800 sounds pretty high for a Comanche, unless it's in perfect original condition or has been totally rebuilt.

I've always heard that the 4.0 is the preferred motor - does the V6 have something I don't know about that makes it worth more?

Edit: NADA Classics says Low Retail:$2550. Average Retail: $5525. High Retail: $7775.

Given the asking prices I've seen for decent trucks, those numbers sound high, but who knows? In this economy, the monetary value of an object is not a penny more than someone is willing to pay for it. I'd make an offer.

very true can't stand how high them prices are on there. i wish lol

Brandon