Sway bar links

Ok so I added 2" spacers and another stock rubber insolater, I now have just a hair under 3" in the front. I have my sway bar disconnected because the links won't reach. What links can I use to fit with 3" because my truck is all over the road at 55mph?

Yes, when you raise the front of your truck, it causes your front tires to toe in much, much more than they're supposed to be. Toe alignments are very easy to do yourself. Your toe-in is probably the cause of your all-over-the-roadness, not a disconnected swaybar.

Here's how to do the alignment: http://www.4x4xplor.com/alignment.html

Ok Geonovast I corrected my toe which was way off! My tires were actually pointed outwards from each other. I had 59 3/4" in the front and 59 1/4" in the back! Drives much better but I still need to get links seeing as how I drive my MJ on the highway everyday.

If they were toed out after lifting the front, that means they were toed out even more beforehand. Were there any recent changes to steering components?

When I put the D30 on my 2.5 waaay back in the day, before I knew much, the whole steering rack went with it, because it seemed easier to do one disconnect at the pitman than retain my current steering rack. Shortly after, the outside of my front tires were near bald. Finally got told about the toe alignment, and I had almost a 6" toe in.

You need to lengthen the links or lower the sway bar.

Originally I had some RRO sway bar drop brackets so I could use stock links. Later I made some quick disconnects.

Lower the sway bar and it will probably hit the coils. The newer longer links work well w. a 3" lift - cheap too.

:hijack: "73 Yamaha RD350 Cafe project" How's that coming along mnkyboy? :cheers:

You need to lengthen the links or lower the sway bar.

Originally I had some RRO sway bar drop brackets so I could use stock links. Later I made some quick disconnects.

Lower the sway bar and it will probably hit the coils. The newer longer links work well w. a 3" lift - cheap too.

:hijack: "73 Yamaha RD350 Cafe project" How's that coming along mnkyboy? :cheers:

The sway bar drop brackets move the bar down 2" and forward 2" so they clear the coils.

As far as the RD its going really slow,I have the frame stripped down and I shortend the rear of the frame and moved the rear shocks so now I can start building the solo seat. As soon as I can get the wheels relaced I think I can start working on reassembly.