updateing engine or fuel injection????

i have a 88 comanche inline 6 original engine but have a 1997 engine to do i have to swithch the hole engine harness for other computer and all or is there a harness adapter????also i have a mechanical speedo can i keep it mechanical or do i have to switch to electrical ????right now the original engine is good and i have put trans and everything on it off a 1997 cherokee the trans doesnt have the mechanical speedo hook up????so is there a adapter or anything thanks also can i hook up the newer intake and guts on the older engine or is that a pain in the ..........?adapters????? :bowdown:

Check out the build pages, there's several guys who have done the Renix to HO injection swap. It's a fairly involved undertaking and makes me appreciate that my Renix 4.0 has over 205K and still runs perfect. However, the HO is the better of the two considering power, mileage, and availability of components. Renix stuff is a little tougher to come by, especially at the parts stores. JYs are probably your best bet, just nab as much Renix stuff as you can, when you can if you plan to keep it.

renix to HO isn't really that bad, you just need ALOT of parts from both

if yuo're really interested in it i can probably help you with most things since i just did this (89-97)

the most expensive bit is going to be adapting the TPS to the HO throttle body. ~100 bucks from hesco or a jerry-rigged solution that i'm not proud enough of to display publicly but works fine on my truck.

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17821

I did this about a year ago with two xj's its not a a terrible swap if you have a complete donor vehicle. it took me about 35 hours to complete the whole thing i swaped the entire drive train and every wire from bumper to bumper, computer, fuel lines, gauge cluster, and radiators. it was well worth the power gain from the newer motor. th hardest thing i had to figure out was all the brake pedal switches for lights etc.... that was a 93-90 switch.

high miles mean little to our engines. :yes:

what you change in your truck when installing a later model engine depends entirely on how much you convert. you can swap in a block and change almost nothing. or you can gut your truck and do a complete conversion. or something in between. if you swapped the entire wire harness, then you'd simply need to swap the speedo sender unit into your t-case and plug in the new wires.