My MJ Front Bumper Build:

Just building up a little bumper for my MJ, nothing bomb proof, but an improvement over stock. Let me know what you think......

Brakets:

jeepbumper002kw5.jpg

:cheers:

jeepbumper003fb2.jpg

End of day 1:

a><!-- m -->[/url][/img]

End of lastnite:

jeepbumper007mh2.jpg

A little re-enforcment:

jeepbumper008smallau1.jpg

Back of the reciever tube:

jeepbumper009smallox5.jpg

Front of the reciever tube:

jeepbumper010smallmf3.jpg

Corner:

jeepbumper012smalldi5.jpg

So what do you think? I don't think I'll finish it tonite as I have to go to a wake, thursday night Ill probably have the welding and a coat of primer on.

Looks great. Have you thought of putting the end caps off the stocker on the new bumper or will it look stupid. I like the box design but you said its not going to be that strong and It looks pretty dang tough to me being box and all. Keep us posted and keep up the good work.

Cole

As many as you can make/find. It's all just sheetmetal up there and the front two that hold up the stock bumper don't even count as anything. They were designed with only crash in mind and are only capable of holding up the bumper until you hit something. On the drivers side I used 2 steering box bolts and another 1/2". Here's a shot of the pass side. The uppers are 5/8" and the lower (that I drilled a hole for) is 1/2". All grade 8. I'm even contemplating a 4th on each side like I originally intended.