A/C Compressor compatibility

Renix compressors mount with horizontal bolts to the bracket which bolts to the block. H.O. compressors mount with vertical bolts. Now...perhaps it is possible to do what you're suggesting if you also change the mounting bracket. This, I'm not sure of.

R12 was used up until 1994. From 1995, R134 was used. So you could get an H.O. compressor from a 91-94 and continue to use R12 or an R12 substitute. Or get an H.O. compressor from a 95+ and switch over to R134.

I was looking at compressors and there seemed to be a bunch of models for 91+ that were considerably cheaper. My compressor is old, it whines, the A/C does not work and I was going to just re-do the entire system...I wanted to do it for less than $400-$500.

I was also going to do the R-134 conversion, but since all the hoses, the compressor look like crap I wanted to start with new (or at least usable) stuff.

The Jeep Air site is good, I'll peruse that a little more. Thanks

I was looking at compressors and there seemed to be a bunch of models for 91+ that were considerably cheaper. My compressor is old, it whines, the A/C does not work and I was going to just re-do the entire system...I wanted to do it for less than $400-$500.

I was also going to do the R-134 conversion, but since all the hoses, the compressor look like crap I wanted to start with new (or at least usable) stuff.

The Jeep Air site is good, I'll peruse that a little more. Thanks

I just purchased the compressor, drier, expension valve, hose, and o-ringsm from jeepair for well under $400. The only gripe I had is that when I ordered I thought I was getting a "Sanden compressor", but got a Sanden look-a-like from China. Everythings works well, but if I had it to do over again I would have gotten the Sanden for $20 more on Ebay (it could be that Sanden is made in China now?).