86 Comanche

I recently purchased an 86 Comanche for $600. 2.8 V6, 5 speed, 4x4, 7 foot bed. I have to replace the brake lines, rotors and calipers. The rocker panels and the bed sides need to be replaced. I am planning on doing a SOA in the rear and buying a lift for the front, Does any one have a recommendation on a good brand for the comanche and how high the front needs to go with a rear SOA.

Thanks, Its gonna be a long project. It is gonna be my daily driver for the winter. This is my first winter where it is gonna snow. And i hear Milwaukee gets a good amount of snow. In the spring i am hoping to get a Harley so i will then be able to repair the rust damage and any other damage it gets over the winter.

With a 5.5" lift i would imagine it will clear 35-36" tires?

Nice truck, I am the recent new owner of an 86' 4x4 MJ myself. I am also new the the "winter snow land"...i moved to Wisconsin last November 2 days before the 4th biggest blizzard this area has ever seen. And after many close calls in my lil VW hatchback I said I need to find a great 4x4 before next winter.

So here I am, you can see the pic of it I believe on my profile pic. Bought mine with a 3" lift and 31s on 10.5 mags. Got some minor CAD issues on the 4wd but besides that I love it - won't be my daily, well come winter it will be.

you can clear 33s easy with the lift 35s will need trimming as well as a bit more with 36s... you don't just need the lift you have gearing and weak components to deal with like your dana 35 rear axle. i would keep it simple on some 33s

Ok thanks for all the advice, after i replace the brakes i am gonna put 30's or 31's on it, then after i buy a second vehicle i am gonna make the comanche my project truck and repair the body and make a trail rig out of it. I will post pictures of it as i go. First pictures will be of the brake replacement. They will be posted as soon as i start, which should be in the next month. In the middle of a move and my wife is fixing to give birth to my son.