Wiper Arms and Blades

Are you replacing the arms with the late models style? I'm not sure why you would replace the arrms unless you think the springs are weak.

And for blades, Wal-Mart has some silicone blades that have a lifetime warranty for about the same price as regular ones. Ive had them on my vehicles for quite a while now with no issues. Before these, I would replace blades every 6 mos, but havent needed to with these. They seem to be holding up very well.

Are you replacing the arms with the late models style? I'm not sure why you would replace the arrms unless you think the springs are weak.

And for blades, Wal-Mart has some silicone blades that have a lifetime warranty for about the same price as regular ones. Ive had them on my vehicles for quite a while now with no issues. Before these, I would replace blades every 6 mos, but havent needed to with these. They seem to be holding up very well.

is it a good lifetime warranty? like will they actually replace the blades when they go bad?

Not aware of any late model styles, but would be interested in hearing about them. I have to either paint or replace the arms as they are reflecting the sun back in my eyes. Add to that the fact that they are 20+ years old and the blades are streaking, it just seems like the thing to.

is it a good lifetime warranty? like will they actually replace the blades when they go bad?

I'm not sure if its a good lifetime warranty or not as Ive never replaced any of them yet. I mostly expect that when I go back to wally world they won't even be selling them anymore, not that the warranty would let the be traded in like craftsman tools. My take on them at this point is that theyve lasted soo long at this point, I don't care about the warranty. I'm going to wally world tonight, maybe Ill try to remember to look to see if theey are still there and what the warranty actually says.

Not aware of any late model styles, but would be interested in hearing about them. I have to either paint or replace the arms as they are reflecting the sun back in my eyes. Add to that the fact that they are 20+ years old and the blades are streaking, it just seems like the thing to.

Replacing the blades or inserts makes good sense. They should be replaced at least every year, or every six months if they get a lot of exposure to summer sun, because the UV makes the rubber hard.

But why replace the arms?

Are we using the same terminology here? The arms are the parts that mount to the rotating post on the cowl and move the wipers. The blades are the metal (or plastic) parts that snap onto the arms. The actual rubber parts that touch the glass are the refills, or blade inserts.

• 2 weeks later...
Went to wally world last night.... they don't have the lifetime warranty blades anymore..... oh well.

i figured they would do that lol :fs1: funny side note lol a long time ago (before i was even a twinkle in dads eye ;) ) my dad had a friend with a kawasaki bike. he bought tires with a lifetime warranty on them so every weekend he went to the drag strip and burned them up haha brand new hind tire every week. that only lasted a few months though lol

Went to wally world last night.... they don't have the lifetime warranty blades anymore..... oh well.

i figured they would do that lol :fs1: funny side note lol a long time ago (before i was even a twinkle in dads eye ;) ) my dad had a friend with a kawasaki bike. he bought tires with a lifetime warranty on them so every weekend he went to the drag strip and burned them up haha brand new hind tire every week. that only lasted a few months though lol

:no: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: