Longer Front OEM Brake Lines

Hey Folks,

I got this off another list I'm on and thought it would help some of you

http://www.grobe.us/Jeep/Tech/Drivetrain/Brakes/rubberhose/ExtendedBrakeHoses.htm

Its a list of stock brake lines from other vehicles that have the same fittings as the MJ, but that are longer than MJ stock length.

Now this list hasnt been proven, so its to be used as a guide, and you should verify yourself.

This is definetly cheaper than going the SS braided line route, in most cases.

HTH

Ryan

Hey Folks,

I got this off another list I'm on and thought it would help some of you

http://www.grobe.us/Jeep/Tech/Drivetrain/Brakes/rubberhose/ExtendedBrakeHoses.htm

Its a list of stock brake lines from other vehicles that have the same fittings as the MJ, but that are longer than MJ stock length.

Now this list hasnt been proven, so its to be used as a guide, and you should verify yourself.

This is definetly cheaper than going the SS braided line route, in most cases.

HTH

Ryan

Keep in mind two things: First, the guy who wrote that article was doing a WJ brake conversion, and the WJ calipers are totally different from the MJ calipers. What fits them may or may not fit an MJ. And secondly, he made up his list by looking at pictures on a web site. He says right in his write-up that he doesn't know if the ones he didn't use will fit.

Advice like that is dangerous.

Keep in mind two things: First, the guy who wrote that article was doing a WJ brake conversion, and the WJ calipers are totally different from the MJ calipers. What fits them may or may not fit an MJ. And secondly, he made up his list by looking at pictures on a web site. He says right in his write-up that he doesn't know if the ones he didn't use will fit.

Advice like that is dangerous.

Exactly, thats why I said they weren't proven and a person should verify themselves..

And from how I read it, the difference with the WJ calipers, was the fitting was lower on the caliper than the XJ/MJ.

At least its a bit of a head start when trying to fit something up...

HTH

Ryan