Side view mirrors.

You might be able to make them work, but where would you mount them ... and how? Those are intended for a Wrangler. The XJ and MJ mirrors are nothing like Wrangler mirrors. No, the XJ and MJ mounts were NOT the same as the Wrangler.

the others say that they are comanche mirrors but i got a note in to the seller to see what the deal is

I know what they say. What are you expecting them to tell you? They are NOT Comanche mirrors. The base model MJ had a tiny little "flag" style mirror on the drivers' door only. Most MJs have the ones that fit the triangle at the front of the vent windows, lie the pair you found for $75. And then there were the optional tow package mirrors, the ones that mounted to the doors on outrigger brackets -- the "mini west coast" style.

That's it. Those other mirrors can no doubt be screwed onto a Comanche somewhere, somehow. But they are not Comanche mirrors.

Remember Abe Lincoln's saying about the dog's tail and five legs ...

If you think the cheaper ones look cool, don't let me stop you from buying them. But take a good look at the photo, then go out and look at your truck to see if there's a place to mount them. Looks to me like you would have to screw the mount through the door skin. Without some reinforcement inside, I would expect the weight to make them wobble a lot, especially when they're in the slipstream at 60+ MPH.

If you think the cheaper ones look cool, don't let me stop you from buying them. But take a good look at the photo, then go out and look at your truck to see if there's a place to mount them. Looks to me like you would have to screw the mount through the door skin. Without some reinforcement inside, I would expect the weight to make them wobble a lot, especially when they're in the slipstream at 60+ MPH.

When I first got my MJ I needed mirrors and didn't like the Auto store selection so I bought Wrangler mirrors from the dealership. You will have to drill new holes and remove the interior door panel to attach washers and nuts to the bolts. Even with that, they still vibrate a little at highway speeds. If I were to do it over, I would have found the proper replacement mirrors from an XJ and kept the orignal look of the Comanche.