Should I do it?

Hey guys! I am new to the mj crowd but have had an xj for some time. I was looking into this 1988 Comanche short bed, aw4, 4.0L, 4wd Sport Truck. It is at a local town yard which will go to auction at the end of September. The truck needs a new tie rod and new driver's side floor pan. I believe the milage is somewhere around the 125k mark. Do you guys think I should go ahead and try and win her? I am assuming i can get it for under 800ish. Here's some pics....What do you think?? Thanks!! :cheers:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Id go for it. My Comanche was headed to an auction, but since I was the one hauling it there, it ended up going home with me! Ended up giving the dealer $600 and it was mine. Most likely it will go cheap, and they are getting harder to come by. Where In NY are ya?

Id go for it. My Comanche was headed to an auction, but since I was the one hauling it there, it ended up going home with me! Ended up giving the dealer $600 and it was mine. Most likely it will go cheap, and they are getting harder to come by. Where In NY are ya?

long island- lindenhurst to be exact

Go for it. If it does really have just 125k on the ticker, you might have that much and more left. Check for rust above the rear wheel wells, inside and out. If you buy it, any parts you need from the doors back might be a little hard to find. Be sure to strip any mj in the nearby jy's for future parts. Good luck.