The $15k MJ.....and worth it

The 1990 comanche's brand new sold for less than that.

Yeah, a 2wd 4cyl base model. My 1988 Laredo, which I have the original window sticker, was $17k IIRC. Besides, that's in 1990's dollars, this is 2010 my friend. To put it in perspective, a $15k MJ in 1992, the last year of the MJ, would cost you @$23,500 today. Or better yet, his truck priced at $15k today would have only cost you @$9500 in 1992. In 1992 the lowest base price MSRP for an MJ was $9200. That got you 4 wheels, a 4cyl motor, a seat, and not much more. So using your (il)logical approach, for only $300 more dollars in 1992 (or @$470 in todays dollars), you could go from a stripped 2wd fart box to an MJ with the following upgrades: custom heavy duty lift, stronger axles, 4 wheel disc brakes, stroked 6 cyl engine w/V8 horsepower, 35" wheel & tire set, "futuristic" interior 5yrs ahead of it's time, better electronics and engine management systems, custom stereo, AIR BAGS, and some other choice items. Oh, and guaranteed parts availability for years and years. You're right, a 1990s MJ was a much better deal. :fool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...