1JTHS6412JT135823

Suuperman

1988 MJ Ocala, FL

2WD SWB 2.5L AX-5 D-35...I'm guessing the axle was a swap as it only has 3.55 gears. I thought all 4 bngr jeeps from 1987-2000 came with 4.10's if they had a 5 spd...at least the 4 I have owned did.

My best friend bought it cheap to flip it and my wife had to have it...and who am I to argue with bringing another jeep in the yard.

It's in decent shape with a little over 200K miles and runs and drives just fine. It needs an exhaust manifold (already on its way) and other than that little to no work to be DD capable. It has a few dents in it but nothing major at all...no real rust to speak of. Just a little in the driver's side floor pan and it's easily fixable. It does need new seats. It has factory buckets but they are trashed and missing the headrests as well.

I plan to tinker with it and gather parts to make the 4WD conversion. I am thinking D-30/D-44 F/R with 4.88's locked and enough lift to clear 33's (maybe 34's). This is my 3rd MJ and I regret getting rid of the other 2 (1991 and 1986). It will most likely become a vehicle for one of my kids...my XJ will be the other...if I ever get the dadblame renix running right! LOL :D I probably won't put it on the road right away due to FL raising the registration fees and we already have 3 vehicles on insurance. We have 3 acres so it will still be used and I have plenty of little roads to drive it around on until it's registered.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

• 5 months later...
  • 8 years later...
  • 1 year later...

BODY TL61

*X3 DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE -Q8 DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE AGC  
APA Monotone Paint CBA Straight Back Bench Seat CGX RR Head Restraints Outboard Seating
DCB Open EPD DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE GAC Tinted Glass Windows
JJA Cigar Lighter LAP Shift Indicator Warning Lamp LMA Halogen Headlamps
MBJ Black Front Bumper NAA Federal Emissions PQ9 DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE
QQ9 DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE RAC AM MTR Radio TBG Compact Spare Tire
WMC Open  

• 8 months later...