some lolz:

Sir Sam

The Iranian Ambassador to the UN had just finished giving a speech, and

walked out into the lobby where he met President Bush.

They shook hands, and as they walked the Iranian said, "You know, I

have just one question about what I have seen in America."

President Bush said, "Well, anything I can do to help you, I will."

The Iranian whispered "My son watches this show 'Star Trek' and in it

there is Chekhov who is Russian, Scotty who is Scottish, and Sulu who is Chinese, but no Arabs or Iranians. My son is very upset and doesn't

understand why there aren't any Iranians on Star Trek."

President Bush cracked his famous little grin, leaned toward the Iranian

ambassador, and whispered back, "That's because it takes place in

the future."

Just as a note: Hikaru Sulu was played by George Takei, whom is of Japanese descent - not Chinese. Roddenberry wanted him to represent 'all of Asia' so gave him a relatively Asian sounding surname that was borrowed from the Sulu Sea in Asia. "Hikaru", however, is a Japanese name. Anyone familiar with the Macross series should be familiar with that vorname.

Oh, it gets better - John Cho, the latest actor to portray Sulu on the screen, is of Korean descent. He, of course, is also not Chinese.

What I thought was odd was casting Simon Pegg as Scotty. He is an Englishman.

And stranger yet, Anton Yelchin, whom speaks perfect English, and some of you may recall his role in Terminator Salvation as Kyle Reese, is actually a real Russian originally from Leningrad/St. Petersburg. He had to lay the accent on 'ridiculously thick' for the part. He spells his name: Антон Викторович Ельчин

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LsFdM9Xipg

WYK

I enjoy a lil Trek on occasion, but being as I am 1/4 Japanese and 1/4 Korean, I just happen to know those lil facts about the actors. My other half is Cherokee and German. Yes, I have an ugly name - Wesley Yung Yoshi 'Angry-Badger' Keller - WYK for short.

However, I am a huge fan of British TV, and watch it daily, as well as having lived in England and Ireland for a time. So, Simon Pegg is a familiar actor to me. You guys prolly know him best from 'Shaun Of The Dead". If you haven't seen it, and ya like Zombie Comedies like 'Zombieland', you'll enjoy this English take on it.