Another Project:

Sir Sam

Man, if I had access to an auction like you it would be bad news. Nothing would ever get sold, and I would always see something that I "Had to have..."

Looking good.

Rob L. :D

Your correct. This is EXACTLY how I got into comanches in the 1st place, since I was hauling cars for auto auctions. I was supposed to bring my green one to auction, and it wound up at home. Unfortunatly I mostly haul new cars now though :roll:

Shampooed the interior so its nice and clean now. Took pics to get it on CL for sale. Still need to install passenger side fender flare, drivers splash shield, and those little black trim pieces on the fenders.

green1.jpg

green2.jpg

green3.jpg

green4.jpg

green5.jpg

green6.jpg

green7.jpg

green8.jpg

green9.jpg

green10.jpg

Whats the going price for an XJ like that Sam?

Rob L.

Listed at $4100.

Yep, sure looks good mate. Damn Sam, where do you get all your energy? You have a job too? :cheers:

No, no job. Hence the problem, gotta have some money coming in. So I bought this one and the other one to flip.

I was doing this with my dad in middle school, I'm 24, a college graduate with a ME degree, and I'm doing the same thing I was doing in 7th grade. :doh:

Oh well, its nice to be your own boss, and I don't hate doing this, so its hard to complain too much.

No, no job. Hence the problem, gotta have some money coming in. So I bought this one and the other one to flip.

I was doing this with my dad in middle school, I'm 24, a college graduate with a ME degree, and I'm doing the same thing I was doing in 7th grade. :doh:

Oh well, its nice to be your own boss, and I don't hate doing this, so its hard to complain too much.

This is humorous as this is basically what I'd much rather be doing. I'm 25, college grad with an ME degree and working for a small firm down the road from my house. I used to buy cars/trucks with engine/trans issues, fix them on the cheap and resell them for (sometimes) a nice little profit. I loved getting my hands dirty and I loved the satisfaction of bringing an otherwise dead vehicle back to life and being my own boss was the best part of it. Now I answer to a higher-up and have to deal with all kinds of BS from contractors, subcontractors, and clients on the various multi-million dollar projects I'm managing. It has gotten incredibly annoying and tedious, but I can't complain about the steady paycheck and the medical insurance.

This is humorous as this is basically what I'd much rather be doing.......................but I can't complain about the steady paycheck and the medical insurance.

BAM! You hit the nail on the head.

Steady paycheck and medical insurance. This is fickle, you might sell something, you might not. Plus, you gotta always keep on top of it, run out of a pot of cash to play with, and you can't afford to do this kind of repair. You have to invest a fair amount of money to get anything back out.

Then on top of it if you don't have medical insurance(and there's a good chance one of these days the car is gonna fall on you or something that requires it) your boned. And paying for insurance out of pocket eats up any money you make real quick.

At the end of the day it may seem like easy money, but its a hard way to earn a living. Thankfully I am still covered through my mothers family insurance untill I'm 27. Which is interesting because we have two family bluecross plans, one through my fathers employer(NASA) and the other through my mothers(Aerospace corporation). The plans are almost identical, expect the family plan through my mothers work lets me stay on longer.

We actually sat down and looked at it, and it was cheaper to get a whole second family plan through my mothers work than it was for me to get it on my own.

This is humorous as this is basically what I'd much rather be doing.......................but I can't complain about the steady paycheck and the medical insurance.

BAM! You hit the nail on the head.

Steady paycheck and medical insurance. This is fickle, you might sell something, you might not. Plus, you gotta always keep on top of it, run out of a pot of cash to play with, and you can't afford to do this kind of repair. You have to invest a fair amount of money to get anything back out.

Then on top of it if you don't have medical insurance(and there's a good chance one of these days the car is gonna fall on you or something that requires it) your boned. And paying for insurance out of pocket eats up any money you make real quick.

At the end of the day it may seem like easy money, but its a hard way to earn a living. Thankfully I am still covered through my mothers family insurance untill I'm 27. Which is interesting because we have two family bluecross plans, one through my fathers employer(NASA) and the other through my mothers(Aerospace corporation). The plans are almost identical, expect the family plan through my mothers work lets me stay on longer.

We actually sat down and looked at it, and it was cheaper to get a whole second family plan through my mothers work than it was for me to get it on my own.

My parents had some medical insurance policy through an agency that only insures farmers and it would have allowed me to stay on their policy until I was 35 as long as I was "working" on the farm. I weighed the options of continuing to fix up cars and flip them, but like you mentioned, my pot of cash was drying up quickly and I wasn't turning the cars around quick enough. I wound up taking the interview for the job on a whim (they actually contacted ME one day at random) and have been with the company for almost 2 years. Even after 2 years, I still have not been able to adjust to the 9-5 schedule. There is just never enough time to work on my projects after I get home, wind down, and finish my errands.

Oh, life...

Yeah, I just got notified from BCBS that they were dropping my oldest daughter since she turns 24 this month. But luckily she's in the Guard so they picked her up her medical insurance.