Finally

pingpong

alright I'm about to get a set of these but the pictures have me confused.

Which holes excatly does the bumper bolt to?

The OEM mounting has 3 holes in a trianguler pattern, these look like the 3 mounting holes are in the middle of the plate?

!B)rmWUwBmk~$(KGrHqF,!iEEw5OFLFY4BMOjEficCw~~_35.JPG

This picture confuses me even more, does the bumper get pushed out and then mount 2 the 4 holes up front, sorry id just hate 2 have to do some extensive drilling and welding if these things didnt work.

!B)rm(Og!Wk~$(KGrHqV,!iMEw5idpeGeBMOjEiKs1Q~~_35.JPG

Thanks for any info! jamminz.gif

Those 3 mounting holes in the triangle go at the front of the frame rail - and I'm fairly certain the right angle bits with 4 holes in them bolt to the front crossmember and strengthen the front two holes on the end of the frame rail. The 4 holes in the square further out are for attaching a bumper that you custom fabricate I think... I don't believe those are standard OEM brackets.

Ok thats what its looking like, I have an aftermerket bumper with D Rings attached but its only mounted on by the OEM bolt holes, I'm gonna be getting a set of tow hook brackets or frame tie ins and besides JCR these looked like a bit cheaper option... O Well

Those 3 mounting holes in the triangle go at the front of the frame rail - and I'm fairly certain the right angle bits with 4 holes in them bolt to the front crossmember and strengthen the front two holes on the end of the frame rail. The 4 holes in the square further out are for attaching a bumper that you custom fabricate I think... I don't believe those are standard OEM brackets.

I think you are correct.. I wil get eddie to fix his pics.. Basically this is a DIYer's version of bumper brackets.

• 2 weeks later...

No problem.. He also has MJ rear frame brackets available. Eddie is a great guy to deal with. I have been known to call him on Friday night... Hey I need Blah blah blah cut.... I will be out there tommorow morning.. and he will have them cut.. or designing them to be cut.

I got plans to get a set and build a tube bumper off the front :yes:

took my custom bumper off yesterday. i will have to cut the brackets to fit the hook up on my bumper. also drill two new holes. no biggie.

i wish he would of incorporated a steering stiffener on the drivers side. made it all one piece.?!

i could of never made it to look this cool. i will take a pic after i cut and mount the brackets. also of the mounting points on the bumper.

I think he will be doing a set like that. He normally builds TJ/YJ bumpers, and swing out tire carriers. I have been working on him to get into the XJ/MJ market.

He also cuts tabs, flanges, and just about anything else you can think of.