Picked up a working drivetrain .

DJM/78

So for about a month I've been looking for a motor for the 91" , yesterday I stumbled across a unique deal . Its a 95" Caprice Classic wagon , fully loaded without leather .

I know , don't laugh because its already lowered with Impala SS mag wheels . However I bought it for the drivetrain , it has the LT1 Z28 motor from the early 90's Corvette and

Camaro Z28 , it also has the 400 trans and 4 bolt main with posi lock . So I'm guessing this will make a nice upgrade to the 91" sport truck .

I had my hands on a LS1 V8 but it didn't have all the sensors and the wiring harness was in pieces . Turns out the motor had allot of miles and had been sitting for a period of

years , ( Outside ) . Now my only problem is I kinda like the Caprice with its couch like handling and Loco looks . I'm now torn between the ripping this thing out since its already a daily driver , it has about 80k on the OD but in far better shape than the LS1 I found , also IT RUNS , everything works and with just a touch of throttle it scoots this behemoth

right down the road .

I know , :needpics:

Los Locos kick your balls into out-er space .... :yes:

I'll have some pics up soon , what ya' think ?

These are the pics I promised ....

Meet Los wagon ...

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Yes its only the stocker now but its got plans .

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

The way I figure it , its got all the harness right there , it works and runs decent , all the sensors are there and as a bonus its got posi loc rear .

The only problem now is I like driving it , it takes absolutely no effort to scoot around town , making city driving a cinch . If I put this thing in the manche , it will light up the tires no problem .

Put that drivetrain into the MJ. Then put something HUGE into the wagon.

In tech school, we had an instructor who loved big sleeper cars. After wrecking his caprice, he found a wagon just like yours... Put a 454 in it, and supercharged it on top of that... Nothing gave it away except for a custom pillar gauge pod, and the whine of the charger, easily mistaken for a bad power steering pump.

Before I graduated, that thing was putting down something in the 500-600 HP at the wheels.

Awesome.

Rob L.

It is a tough call , thats for sure ! The more I drive this couch around the more I like it . My resolution is to fix it up while its in the Caprice , make it super Lt1 , then I'll put in the manche once everything is how I want it .

Yeah , a charged 454 .... :agree: