1990 jeep mj build

my thoughs is i got a set of 14 bolt ff with detroit and 456 gearing and a dana 44 with 456 and detroits that i want to put under my mj.i also want to run a 38 inch swamper there. id like to dove tail the front end so i could see antidisestablishmentarianism i am doing in the tight trails and the woods. any body got any ideas on what i will have to do with the steering on a full size axles under that little rig. also any idea on how much lift ill need in the front to clear 38s with a full size.

i was thinking about putting coils in the rear also with a 3 link suspension. the truck is in petoskey michigan and i was thinking about doing this in my boss's pole barn. i don't have a welder but i can cut the materials and fab up some things that i will need. i can get a hold of a welder but not very good at it for what i want to do. any body that would be willing to help me fab up some parts would be greatly needed and appreciated. this will be going on over the winter. i was thinking some rustys 8 inch coil springs for the front and possbile my 3.5 coil springs that i got for the rear?? would that sit level. i don't have to dove tail the front end id just really like to do it.

what i am asking is how much lift will i need to clear 38s with and what will i need to do to the steering in the front. i want to have maxium flex for the trails

add me on yahoo at

motoxboy721250

or just leave me a message int his thread

thanks alot :!: :?:

does he have a number i can get a hold of him on or is he on the board id like to talk to him

he's not on here...I'll be telling him about the site next time I remember to do so.....or you can usually find him on bbb.jeepininin.com under the screen name crazy_cooter56.

I am curious about this rig. I don't see any front driveshaft or steering :shock: I think it looks great except for those ubolts hanging down. :? Those are begging to get demolished on rocks, if that is his preffered venue.

Patrick

Steerings not important on something that big, you just go over it or bash it :)

i have taled to crazy cooter and i will be gin the build this weekend. he has given me many i deas and he knows his $#!+. the build is starting.

yes, he does indeed know his $#!&....when I have the money to make mine grow I'll be picking his brain :D

and he knows the cheapest ways to do things that are functional