wtb 2.5 engine

bmaley79

What has convinced you that it's dead? bottom end noise? no power?

I don't think it had much power to begin with :D HEHE sorry couldnt resist. But ya, my little 4 banger runs like a top at 200K. It would really take something drastic to kill the little sucker.

I've got a spare (complete) 2.5 sitting up in storage in PA that I've been meaning to do something with. Came out of an 87 MJ (75K miles) from a NAXJA buddy over in TN and it's been sitting for the last few years. By complete, I mean we disconnected the exhaust, cut the fuel lines and discoed the wiring harness and yanked it out. Still has the plugs and the oil in it :D

PM me if you're interested, I could be persuaded to bring it back down to VA and meet you with it if so.....

Jeff

well my engine has over 380,000 never been rebuilt. timeing is way off. It idles high in park and in neutral and then barly runs at all when in drive, and everything i have done to correct it makes it run a little worse. it has blow by of course. And it gets worse gas milage than my f250 lol. Wife says i have to fix it or sell the truck. So I'm going to fix it. I wanted to go with a bigger engine. But being in the military i don't have much time off if any every so a drop in engine is my only option at this time.