power steering pump belt - dumb question

i have the 2.5 4 cyl (no air) takes a v-belt. - i can't see how this works and don't see any way to adjust tention for this belt. i must be missing something but staring at it any longer won't help lol. and i don't wanna take it off till i konw i will be able to put it back and tighten it too.

all answers appreciated -thanks.

I believe to tighten the PS belt on the 2.5 you must first loosen 3 bolts on the bracket. One is on the back side of the pump (towards the driver), the second is between the pulley and the mounting bracket (you will need a box wrench for this one), and the last is the long bolt that goes through the entire mounting bracket. I'm pretty sure the long one is a 15mm head. Once those are loose take a 1/2 inch drive ratchet and snap it into the hole on the back side of the mounting bracket and twist it either up or down to tighten accordingly.

I believe to tighten the PS belt on the 2.5 you must first loosen 3 bolts on the bracket. One is on the back side of the pump (towards the driver), the second is between the pulley and the mounting bracket (you will need a box wrench for this one), and the last is the long bolt that goes through the entire mounting bracket. I'm pretty sure the long one is a 15mm head. Once those are loose take a 1/2 inch drive ratchet and snap it into the hole on the back side of the mounting bracket and twist it either up or down to tighten accordingly.

abssolutely right !!! thank you. i was totally stumped on that one and just couldnt see it.

there was a 4th bolt directly under the one one betweent the pump and the pulley that seemed to need loosening as well. ------

thanx again. :bowdown: