cant get fuel hose connected

:fs1: I replaced my fuel injectors with the reman ones I saw on this site and my truck runs great now but ihad a fuel leak. I looked around and found it. Its leaking at the regulator connection. I bought some new orings from Rock Auto but I can't get the fitting back togather at the fuel regulator. It doesnt want to go in far enough. I think I got all the old oring out. please help my truck is a dd.

Had the same problem on my 89 found a replacement end it was dorman I think at Fishers auto. You do have to cut the crimped one off the rubber line I used 2 clamps just for that little extra insurance never had any issues with leaks again.

There is a "repair" kit hanging in you local auto parts store in the "Help" section, it's the O-rings and the replacement quick dis-connect. The OEM quick dis-connects are not re-usable, and should be replaced with new one.

And No, I don't know the part number off hand :dunno:

OR you can pickup the fuel line quik-connect repair kit from the dealership (p/n 8350 2745).

There is also a fuel rail seal kit available from the dealer (p/n 83503637, about $12) that has the o-rings for the regulator and all the injectors. :cheers:

I really have a dislike for the quick disconnects used on these lines. (theres one on the heater hose connection on my 454 vortec also, really, the heater hose?)

Sometimes i have to get a small flat blade driver to pry the clips into place. That may not tbe the right way but once they are in theres no leaks. Make sure you have the brown o rings, not regular black ones. there are specific fuel o rings.