Taillight questions

I need to rewire my taillights, my harness is all fiddlef*ked around with electrical tape and hockey tape connections, lights are intermittent and grounds are bad. Any particular thing I need to watch out for? I'm going to stay within the taillight harness and not get into the area where the fuel pump power is. Anyone?

i have a harness for the tailights, unplugged from the drivers side connector and in good shape, still has the light sockets, came off an 86 2.5l make me an offer. :cheers:

I tore the entire harness out. Found my problem instantly. a hacked-in trailer light harness that had made 4 shorts. I removed it, rewired all the lights back in and now my park lights, gauge backlights and turn signals work properly now! it was taped up underneath the bumper out of sight.

The crazy part is that the MJ doesn't have amber turn signals, so there's absolutely no reason at all to use a Hoppy connector for trailer wiring. I just tapped a plain-Jane 4-wire flat connector in and it's been working fine.