WTB: Wi-88 Comanche Laredo Wire Harnesses and other parts

gl1200aman

I just bought a 1988 Comanche Laredo off Ebay and found out the PO did a butcher job on the wiring. I would like to get the original, intact wiring harnesses for the engine compartment and under the dash. My Jeep is has the 4.0L L6 with a/c and 5 spd manual trans. but no c/c. I would also like to find a set of the clips that the sunvisors hookto in the center, atleast 4 of the plastic anchors that the grill screws go into, a good shifter boot with metal ring (the one under the console that screws to the floor), the digital clock that goes above the cig lighter. I guess another dream/wish is to find a wiring diagram for the 88 comanche. I have a haynes manual and their diagrams color codes do not match the wires In the dash to reattach a radio connector plug. Also the rear slider window, this one is there but the hardware is missing off of the slider portion. Then the plastic lever that connects to the pin for the seat back tilt on driverside bucket seat, my interior is gey but any color will do I guess.

I am in Milwaukee on the northwest side. I found iton Ebay and flew out to Reno, NV. and the seller picked me up. I then drove it back from Carson City, NV, almost 2000 miles. When I got to Nebraska the weather was getting warmer and I had to slow down to 60 mph to prevent overheating. Last week I replaced the radiator and when I went to replace the thermostat I found out there wasn't one in there, thus the higher temp. There is no serious rust (holes/flaking) on it, only some surface rust coming through the roof paint and the underside/floor pans looking great. I was surprised that it got over 20 mpg on the trip and only went through 2 qts of oil. Seller posted it saying 120k but the odometer read 293k when I got there. Stated that he replaced it but as i am finding this one with the premium type gauges, and tripometer is hard to find.

I have the 100% correct (88 Comanche, 6cyl, 5 speed) N.O.S. (New Old Stock) engine wiring harness for your truck. It is new in the box, never installed. I bought it several years ago from an old Jeep dealership. I need to get $150.00 shipped to your door for it. I can send you pics if you wish. Thanks and let me know.

9192 Comanche

Did you add coolant and/or water when you installed a thermostat? No thermostat would cause the motor to run too cold, not overheat.

You would think so, but with the coolant constantly rushing by, no heat exchange occurs in the coolant, and all heat is retained in the block. No thermostat usually causes an overheat condition.

Rob L.

I agree with automan about the water (mixed with anifreeze in this case) circulates too fast and does not absorb enough heat from the block and what heat it does get is not cooled while in the radiator.

The antifreeze was a decent green color for me to think it was mixed roughly 60/40.

I checked that link for the manual and found that it is the manual I just bought on Ebay for $55 but it does not give a real detailed view of the wires for the radio connector. If anyone is looking for that manual for an 86, I have one of those also.