Old JEEP TRUCK, not an mj

Squeegy410

I hope i can get the recources to do it right :thumbsup: i won't do anything to it for a long long time so i have plenty of time to figure it out. I'll at some point see if the engine is locked up, if its not I'm in serious business with making one bad little truck :yes: i really hope my cousin doesnt want a fortune for it, but something tells me she won't :yes: i have a feeling theres something seriosly wrong with the motor or transmission or else it wouldnt have been parked in such good condition :dunno:

oh really, i haven't seen any commercials about willys

the first time i looked into this is when a buddy told me, what an old timer told him, and this old timer is well known in the war era and old jeeps world. then i did some searching on the web and sure enough, it verified what he had said. i'm curious now what others say. i'm under the influence that everyone says willies, and its incorrect.

http://www.public.asu.edu/~grover/willys/ws.html

What's in a Name

The original pronunciation of "Willys" was with a short "i" sound for the 'y"; so it was pronounced "Will-iss". But it seems to have been transmuted by the same flexibility of language that could produce "Jeep" out of "GP". I've heard that the workers in the Willys factories were the first people to mispronounce the name. Like most everyone I have every talked with, they pronounced it with a long "e" sound for the "y". The official DMV title for my truck lists the make as a "Willy". (They only have space for five characters on the title.) From that, people guess that one vehicle must be a Willy, pronounced "Willie", which is as good a nickname for William as is Bill. So "Willys" would be pronounce "Will- eez" and obviously be more than one "Willy". Everyone seems to get more and more confused over time. Even my insurance agent asked me if there was an "e" before the "y". I guess I add to the confusion. I often say "Will-eez" as a nickname for those unique trucks and wagons produced from 1946 until 1965.

and i also read somewhere else about the dmv titles that say willy, because thats how many letters they allowed space for, so people saw that and said willy. instead of willys

its in better shape then my 59... but my 59 does have the super huricane in it.... and 4;88 gears....and yes its Will-is.... I have never been told any differance... but then again my dad just past away not to long ago at 81 years of age and he sold willys trucks when they were new so I can't help but say it right... if I did not he would come back and beat me.... I know he would...