Non-Jeep buckets

Some of you may have seen the set of buckets I snagged off the curb. I have no idea what they are off of, other than knowing they were probably 3rd row seats, because the brackets are the clip style that can be removed.

I do plan to use these, regardless of what fabbing I have to do. They're comfy, look good and they were free.

I know there's a pic out there that shows the different seat brackets, but I need a little more specific a picture. I need to know where the factory buckets would mount, whether or not I can just pop a few holes in the floor, and support my brackets from underneath like a rollbar would, and what would be the best approach to make this work.

CW?

Anybody?

Oh yeah I currently have a hideous blue bench, so using existing brackets is kinda a no-go.

Will post pics when I get off work at 4am :ack:

the factory buckets mount directly on top of the floor brackets you already have. :thumbsup: The buckets just have a different slider system between the seat and the floor brackets than the bench.

Isn't there only one bracket per side tho? Since I have a bench?

I just took a look at the bottom of these seats...no sliders :doh: I guess this may have been a crappy idea after all. Any ideas on making the mj sliders work?

your bench doesn't adjust forward and backward?

In this image you can see the bench stuff. note the front and rear floor brackets. Your bench should have one slider per side of the bench. Remove that, and adapt the new buckets to the floor brackets however you'd like. :thumbsup: Can't say what would be easiest wince you're going with custom seats. :dunno: Don't know if stock bucket sliders would have the right dimensions.

Ok, so I did a little tinkering with the new seats, and the passenger side seat does have a slider. The way the frames are set up on theses seats, I'm gonna have to switch them around to clear the trans tunnel (put drivers frame on passenger seat, and vice versa) so that leaves the driver seat with a slider, and maybe tilt if I can figure it out.

Any way I can use the bench rails to make a sliding rail for the pass?

Sorry for being a PITA pete, just scratchin me head

If you go thru my build, you will find pic of the bases I made up to use the Whitney racing seats I have in the MJ.

Do you have access to a welder? I guess you could bolt it together, but welding is preferred...

I also had to make up bases for the Corbeau suspension seats in my TJ. Those where from scratch, but with Corbeau sliders.

CW

Ok. A little good news today. I started gutting the seats in preparation for switching the frames to clear the trans tunnel. Much luck because I didn't even need to do that, all the tilt mechanisms are in the seat backs, and the bolt holes are universal between the seats. Simply switched the seat backs and I'm good to go.

The neat thing about these seats is they lean all the way forward, since they were in the cargo area of whatever vehicle they came out of. No need to worry about the tilt mechanism from a 2 dr xj. :banana:

Just a little fabbing and I'll at least get the drivers side in this weekend

Ok. Near as I can tell I'm ready to rip the bench out and bolt these in. Gotta wait till the weekend tho. I'm an avid biker, but making the 8 mile trek to work by pedal doesn't seem too fun.

Had some seatback problems this weekend or it would have gotten done. Also spent most of the weekend working on the jeep bike instead

Slightly off topic, but what do you guys use to clean the vinyl floor mat? I wanna replace it with carpet, but that will be later this summer when I fill in the flinstones hole and get a center console fabbed up. I'm thinking a 3m degreaser, rinse, tire cleaner. Whadaya think?

Pics tonight or tomorrow, I promise :thumbsup:

Ok here's the pics.

Basically I had to take the seatbacks and switche them between the seats. the boltholes and trim were almost identical, I only had to tri one trim piece on the drivers (former passenger's) side to make everything fit

Image Not Found

This USED to be the seat bottom of the passenger side, now its for the drivers. I know I know its very confusing. But now i can clear the trans tunnel

Image Not Found

This is how the Drivers side folds up

Image Not Found

And the passenger

And this nifty little cupholder was under the seat that became the passenger side. unfortunately it is obsolete since I switched the seats around. I'm either gonna try to fab it into the Drivers side or put it into a center console if I fab one

Closed

Image Not Found

Open

Image Not Found

Now to make them work :wrench: