KJ rear door won't open

Pete M

not the big back door, but the rear drivers side door. pops open about a half inch and that's it. :dunno: Happened soon after that door's window regulator broke (will be fixing that with the Steiger Performance repair kit). Any thoughts? The interior panel is off and so far violence isn't helping. :(

Yup. with the panel off I can activate both unlocking mechanisms while giving the door a "gentle" push. nothing. The interior steel isn't all that strong so I haven't stepped up to a full kick yet. still trying to learn from others' misfortunes before I risk another misfortune of my own. :D

side note: JF wants money to get the "advanced search" ability. :rant:

Ive done a million of these, but there is no easy way to get the door open. Youll need to remove the inner door panel from the inside... I know not easy, and then you can pull the window regulator cable out of the door latch mechanism where it is currently jammed. The inner door panel is held on by a couple screws and a bunch of push clips...if you can get a grip on the lower edge you should be able to pull it off and then youll be able to fix the door not opening by removing the cable that jammed itself in there.. Good luck!

Just re read more carefully... look to see if the regulator cable is jammed in the latch and pull it out.... when the regulator goes bad, it shoots the cable out that end and right into the latch. Reach in and pull it out... the latch should then work!

absolutely. :thumbsup: but my searches didn't find anything. :dunno: so I followed my own advice and asked. :D

on a side note, a reply on JF says that the Steiger fix for the window crank won't work now due to whatever happened with the cable thingie. :dunno:

absolutely. :thumbsup: but my searches didn't find anything. :dunno: so I followed my own advice and asked. :D

on a side note, a reply on JF says that the Steiger fix for the window crank won't work now due to whatever happened with the cable thingie. :dunno:

Why do you keep going to JF?