rotten floor pans

so i just got my comanche last month and have been fixing things as i find them. yesterday i was replacing the muffler when i noticed my floorpans were rotted :wall: so now i need to replace them i saw a diy for an xj and I'm fairly certain i can do the job. but i need some info good companys to order from? what have you used? were you happy with them? second I'm noticing more little bubbles in the paint and when i mess with them I'm finding rust so I'm thinkin its time for a paint job too. so more info needed please: whats some good paint? i don't need no 5,000$ paint job but i would like it to look nice. in june I'm supposed to move to sacramento for school and i worrie the salt water out there will really do a number on it if i don't fix it now so any tips to get it done fast and clean please let me know.

thanks

mike

Although a paint job might be less then $5000. If you want them to do the rust repairs and all the prep the price could be up there. I googled Comanche floor pans and got several hits. Seem to be in the $50.00 range (per side). If the floor pans aren't totally rotted you could just patch the rusted areas instead of replacing the whole floor. I'm getting ready to do the complete exhaust on mine and it seems like every time I climb under there I find something else to do. My advice... Don't go down there... :no:

Mac...

well ill paint and prep the truck my self iv got tools for it and i can practice painting my brothers heep before turning the gun on mine i just don't know what brand of paint to use how many coats, clear coat, primer, all that junk.

andi think i will look into the scrap metal option too i needto pull the carpet and see exactly how rotted it is

well ill paint and prep the truck my self iv got tools for it and i can practice painting my brothers heep before turning the gun on mine i just don't know what brand of paint to use how many coats, clear coat, primer, all that junk.

andi think i will look into the scrap metal option too i needto pull the carpet and see exactly how rotted it is

That's what I'm gonna do too. Gives me a chance to learn how to paint and weld on an area that doesn't show how much of a rookie I am when it comes to body work.