Land Speed Record Comanche up for auction

FXWorks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete,

When you talked to the new owner.... did he assure you that he was buying this truck as a peice of american history, never to be touched or modified in any way? Or is he going to rape it by pulling the motor and swapping it into his other MJ, and drive the truck with a stock motor till the whole thing is rusted out? If he was one of the original builders hopefully he will keep it intact and true to form. You just never know with stuff like this.

i met 2 different people. one was a guy from the original build team. the other is a self-described AMC nut who turned out to be the high bidder. The winner did assure the 2 of us that he was going to keep it completely original. :thumbsup: Not sure if that includes the duct tape in the engine bay. :D It'd be nice if he at least pulled the rusty stuff (leaf springs, traction bars) from underneath and cleaned/repainted it.

:hmm:

I watch the video, and heard that quick talking dude say $8,000, after no one bid $8,200.

But.........did they have a 10% buyers premium added in the auction sale :dunno:

I hate auctions like that, cause what you think you got it for, the auctioneer adds his pocket money to your price :fs1:

And after collecting 20% or more from the seller :headpop:

• 1 month later...

I just got a reply from the new owner!!! :clapping: He's in the middle of a move, so internet has been sketchy. He says the truck is comfortably resting in storage and will be a winter project. Hopefully he'll be able to stop by one day and post a couple shots. :cheers: