Looking for a near Indiana shop to finish my Manche

jage

Well I didn't sell the manche at Cleves so now I need to pay someone else to finish it. The guy in my club who does work sold his house so has nowhere to work... I don't want to take it to the local 4 wheel parts because they don't get MJs and they'll charge me an arm and a leg (I don't trust 'em either but for no good reason- just cause they're "corporate" I guess).

Anyway, I'm looking for something closer to Indianapolis than pingpong's place, or something that is at least West or South of here.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!

I wouldn't take anything to 4 Wheel Parts, that's for sure. A good friend of mine up there in Indy had bad luck with them. Truck in Action might still be around, but they're high priced too. There used to be another 4wd shop out west toward Avon, but I can't remember the name of it. What all are you needing finished on it? I'm heading to Indy this Wednesday and I'll be up there about 5 days or more, maybe longer. I might be able to finish it for you, I just need to know what I'm doing so I know what tools to bring. 8)

Well on Thursday I'm taking the MJ to a friends house and he's going to finish it in January. Plus it needs more than can be done in 5 days and I need the garage cleared. I appreciate the offer though. If you do need anything while you're up here though let me know.

Hmmm Hmmm. Mixed emotions on that. I'm storing it at a friend's place until January and then he's going to finish it for me and I'll come back around March and get it. I'll bet you donuts to dollars that I'll have bought another Comanche, a "Daily Driver that I just couldn't pass up" by then. Heh heh.

But anyway, the #1 goal is to get it and other things out of the garage so I'm happy about that.

can't offer any place to get work done as I am in West Virginia but if you need parts theres a guy in Bono TX that owns South West Jeep Sales named Milton Bretz and he is a right guy has a couple acres of jeeps that he sells parts or whole ships all over world. Give him a call if you have trouble finding something he may or maynot have it. His phone #817-556-0525 Ive known him for years from when I lived down there. As for 4wheel parts they changed hands recently and are now owned by same people as 4wd hardware and I think kentrol from what Ive been told so any time a buisseness is taken over you have some slackers especialy away from hub so hopfully they will get straightend up if not I would call main office and talk with Quality Control they will take care of it. Sorry this was so long Good Luck and lets have some pics of build.