What's it worth???

ride172

I have an 86 MJ long bed with the 2.8v6 and 3 spd auto ... It has 3.56 gearing and D30/D35 axles... Stock suspension... It has new pads and rotors all the way around... Starts quick and runs good (just gutless)... Everything inside works, but there is no radio or speakers in the door... The body is straight, with only a quarter size rust spot on the rear tailgate... The paint is fairly shiny and looks alright... The windshield is crack free... It has some 30" bfgs ats with a little tread left mounted on factory jeep wheels with jeep center caps.. Just wondering what a good starting price for craigslist would be... I'm thinking about $1750... I have around $1000 invested plus a few days of greasy hands... What do you all think?? Should I ask for more or less?? Anyone here want to buy it?? I'd give a better deal to a Jeep guy, and an even better deal to a MJ guy...

What anything is worth is what you can get for it. From the description of the truck i wouldn't go over $800. But then I'm a cheapskate anyway. If I was selling I wouldn't let go for less than a grand. Actually seeing it could affect the price. Ask $1700. See what happens. :popcorn:

As with anything of value, it's only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. Just as a reference, I sold the exact same truck as you are trying to sell, but with only 117,000 miles on it. I started off asking $1200, then $900, then $600, and finally $400 but sold it for a little less because I had no room for it, and needed it gone.

Hmmmm... Well I live in Colorado so that will help me out some... being 4wd will help too.... maybe better parted out, but I'd hate to do that to a good runnin fun drivin MJ... Darn, I was afraid of what you guys are sayin...

It has 3.56 gears...

Hmmmm... Well I live in Colorado so that will help me out some... being 4wd will help too.... maybe better parted out, but I'd hate to do that to a good runnin fun drivin MJ... Darn, I was afraid of what you guys are sayin...

It has 3.56 gears...

Colorado eh? Does it have a shell/topper/cap?