Just picked up a couple new toys

garyindiane

Its a 97 yamaha big bear

4x4 350cc

Runs great and its in good condition

new tires

Got it off craigslist for $1500 jamminz.gif

And a 48" DR Power Grader for my driveway.

I am very impressed with the grader. I have their walk behind bushhog, and both products

have performed great.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh yea Pics...

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

-Gary

Can you give me a little more info on that Grader, i could really use one. Can you still buy them? Do you use the quad to pull it?

Here is some links. Yes you can still buy them. You can use a quad or tractor or UTV to pull it. I am very happy with it. My driveway was packed solid and now it looks like its covered in new gravel.

Models

http://www.drpower.com/twostepmodels.as ... &bn-models

Some videos

http://www.drpower.com/Power-Grader_Gallery.aspx

-Gary

I have a '97 Yamaha Big Bear 350 2x4 that I bought brand new in '98. While I'm not trying to crap all over the thread, I will say that this ATV has been a somewhat of a huge letdown. I bought it to replace a '89 Honda TRX300 that my cousin smashed into a tree and I honestly believe that if he didn't crash that thing, it would still be running today. I went with the Big Bear because of the slightly larger motor and the low-range drive in the transmission. I pull a lot of stuff with the thing and I will say that the low-range has been GREAT.

So about 500 miles into ownership and following the break-in procedure to the 'T', the engine started getting very, very warm - so warm that you couldn't even put your leg near it because it would burn you. Soon after, the engine developed a steady knocking sound, so we took it back to the dealer and said WTF. Apparently the oil pump just quit working and was only putting out a couple PSI. Knowing the consequences of running an engine without oil, I demanded a BRAND NEW engine. I didn't get it. I'm not even sure what they did, but it did seem to be running much better after that. So, another thousand miles or so and the front bumper welds failed and the thing just fell off. I see you've got a much heftier front bumper than I did, so you likely won't run into this issue. The thing goes another thousand miles and the engine is progressively getting louder - the muffler had basically disintegrated and was nothing more than a hollow pipe.

The thing does still run and it has it's place on our farm, but it pales in comparison to the four Honda ATV's we have had and currently own ('89 TRX300, '99 TRX300, '01 TRX350 Rancher, '02 TRX350 Rancher). The Big Bear isn't as peppy, rides A LOT rougher, and the handling is...just...off. It's one saving grace is that low-range selector. With the Honda's, we'll just spin the rear tires trying to pull empty hay and grain wagons, but the Big Bear in low-range will just motor right along without a hiccup. I will say that my Big Bear experience has turned me off to any future Yamaha ATV purchases.

Best of luck with yours!

i have a 1992 big bear 350

its getting rough around the edges but other than 2 completly wasted front balll joints(180 CDN appiece) and a front d shaft going bad its a great bike. the only thing tho. i payed 1700 for it last september, complete wit busted up plastic arount the gas tank, the rear rack looking like a mushroom, and some PO welding the shfter to the transmission shaft. the thing runs awsome puulls darn near anything and with some not bald tiers it would go anywhere. the only thing not to like about it is that parts are REALLY expensive. i think that shaft i need is something like 1500 $. its also kinda a PITA to work on but ive seen worse. but that bike looks to be in really nice shape. nice find. good luck and i wanna see pics of it in use.