4.0 to 4.0HO

Hello everyone First post here I will do a proper intro shortly.

I am hoping that I did not put the cart before the horse.

I picked up a 4.0 HO out of a 94 XJ today to transplant into a 90 MJ. Can anyone point me to a thread or topic of someone that has already done a swap. I am hoping have the solutions to all the issues before I start pulling bolts out.

Thank You

Aaron

to do a true H.O. swap, you need

engine, flywheel/flexplate, the corresponding torque converter for the flex plate, ALL engine sensors, ALL electrical components, ALL wiring from the dash all the way forward, and the trans. harness and trans speed sensor.

engine, flywheel/flexplate, the corresponding torque converter for the flex plate, ALL engine sensors, ALL electrical components, ALL wiring from the dash all the way forward, and the trans. harness and trans speed sensor.

He's also swapping from an auto into a manual.

Good to see you here Waytec. :cheers:

He's also swapping from an auto into a manual.

Good to see you here Waytec. :cheers:

yeah, I was just pointing out the differences in torque converters, too. the converters are basically the same, but they bolt to the flexplate in different locations.

if you're going 5 speed, and converting to H.O., make sure you have a 5 speed engine harness and similar year dash harnes (any trans option), with a 5 speed ECU.