97 ax 15 swap to 89 mj

i got the flywheel on put the cj piolet bushing in but the clutch alinement tool won't fit in side the bushing so i guess its the wrong on does any one know what bushing i need the one i put in is froma cj i forget what year and motor i told the guy at auto advanved

I can't speak to the CJ bushing that others have used, but I can tell you how I did my setup. You need a bushing that presses into the back of the crank that has the matching OD of the crank surface, and an ID that matches the OD of the caged needle bearing that fits the tip of the input shaft on the tranny. All of that info is in my 4.0 swap post....I'll post up a link to it when (if) I find it via the super-spectacular search feature ;)

Jeff

i don't have the tool to measure it so i get went out side and checked to see if the bushing would fit onto the tranny but it won't slide on. what year and what cj and engine do i need to get it from?

Can you guess at the measurement with a tape measure? How close is it to fitting? real close or not close at all?

Can you snap a photo of the input shaft? Don't forget to use the "macro" setting on the camera if it has one.

i would take a pick but it dark out and the trans is outside and i don't even kno if i have a camera anymore. if i do i don't kno where its at

ok well i was looking around on the internet and i found some info that i need it from a cj 5. but from like 70-76 and 76-79 there are to diff busing for them to sets of year so i kno what year i need the early 70 or like 78.