2.5 Running at 110 degrees

Could also be a thermostat that's stuck open so the engine never gets warmed up.

Out of curiosity, how are you getting 110 degrees, since the scale on the temp gauge isn't linear and there's no mark for 110 degrees?

Is 110 the right temp? Or do u think my temp sending unit is bad and if so wheres it located?

The temperature sending unit is located on the top rear of the head on the drivers side right beside the valve cover. I would try changing the sending unit first because I have had several of these go bad on various vehicles and this is usually the cause for the gauge not working correctly. I hope this info helps.

Its Just an estimate from where the needle lies

Considering that the range starts at 100, what you're saying is that the needle barely moves at all. If it's anywhere between 100 and 210, you really have no idea what temperature it's telling you. The scale on the temp gauge is logarithmic, not linear.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a rough test. After the engine has warmed up grab the upper radiator hose. If it's to hot to hold your operating temp is about right. If you can hold it as long as you want your operating temp is way low. Got a ohm meter? Remove the wire from the sending unit. It should read around 1-1.5K at 100* it should read 60-100ohms at 220*. That tests the sending unit. To test the guage apply 12 volts to the wire you removed from the sending unit. The guage should peg. You will wipe the guage out if you hold the voltage to long. Put a 100 ohm Or there about, resister in line between the +12 volts and the guage wire. Guage should read 195-260. These are rough tests but will tell you where the trouble is.