removing the bed?

i am starting on the complete restoration of my 89 MJ (clyde) and ive hit a bump. i need to remove the bed and i can't seem to find out how. I'm probably overlooking something really obvious but here is where I'm at so far:

i have the tailgate off

rear lights are removed, wiring harness is still there.

rear fender flares are off

bumper is almost ready to come off

where does that leave me before i can remove the bed? how many bolts are holding the bed down?

thanks in advance! I'm sure there will be more questions to come in the project.

There's 8 bolts holding the bed down. There's 2 in the front of the bed, 2 through the x-member, and 2 through the back of the frame. Make sure you spray them down with lots of PB Blaster or some other penetrating oil because I'm sure they're rusted fast and they're a #$&@! to drill out and re-tap. Trust me I know from experience. :shake:

You will neet to unbolt the exhaust, parking brake cable bracket, and gas tank also. It is easier to take the spare tire jack off before lifting it off as well.

You will need to un-plug the wiring from behind the cab for the taillights also.

See this thread for the bed bolt locations,

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21018&hilit=informative

As MJ300 stated, spray all bolts your going to take out with lots of PB Blaster or other rust eater. Let it work for a few hours befolre ou start twisting nus & bolts, it makes it so much easier. 2 13mm bolts hold exhaust hanger to bed. 3 13mm bolts hold emergency brake braket to bed. Remove two hoses going to gas tank from the side of bed (Up underneath behind gas tank fill door). You can leave them attached to the tank if you want.

There's 8 bolts holding the bed down. There's 2 in the front of the bed, 2 through the x-member, and 2 through the back of the frame. Make sure you spray them down with lots of PB Blaster or some other penetrating oil because I'm sure they're rusted fast and they're a #$&@! to drill out and re-tap. Trust me I know from experience. :shake:

you only said 6 lol but i think he got the idea