Stuck, and no start

I dunno. Maybe I hit the ditch harder than I thought, or maybe when the PO did the motor swap, he didn't do it very well. The amount of oil on the motor/trans/tcase certainly says a lot about how well he maintained it.

I didn't notice when I bought it, but it was cheap and I've wanted an MJ since I was 16

Ok so the rough idle has become more of a problem. When at stop lights (still in drive) the jeep will lurch forward, almost as if its trying to go.

It almost acts like the timing is off or a plug isn't firing.

And for some reason the vacuum you hear when pressing the brake pedal down, well that hiss is there all the time now.

I tried unplugging the battery to reset the ECU, but no soap.

And to top it all off, I'm getting HORRIBLE gas mileage. I went through a quarter of a tank in about 10 miles.

I didn't know sliding into the ditch could cause so much trouble

Please, any help?

I'm only replying cause this makes 2400 posts for me :D

:banana:

I tried unplugging the battery to reset the ECU, but no soap.

That wouldn't work on a Renix :teehee:

With the Renix system, there is NO stored codes in the ECU, ever start is a fresh boot, No memory is stored in the ECU.

And for some reason the vacuum you hear when pressing the brake pedal down, well that hiss is there all the time now.

Sounds like a blown out brake booster :eek: Is the vacuum line connected and not leaking???

If you have a major vacuum leak, like the brake booster, your mileage will go right down with a leak like that.

I didn't know sliding into the ditch could cause so much trouble

If you hit hard, alot of things could be knocked loose, and your finding that out now.

The only way to find the rough idle is to go thru and check out every thing, from fuel pressure to spark on each plug, you could have something as simple as a cracked distribute cap causing misfire, bad wire, or cracked plug. Start going thru everything and see what you can find.

Sorry I didn't post up sooner. For some reason I haven't been receiving email notifications from CC.

I finally figured the idle problem out. Turns out I snapped one of the hard vacuum lines that goes to either my TPS or IAC while I was trying to diagnose my CPS problem. Luckily there was still enough hard line on the sensor to just splice in a chunk of vacuum hose. No more rough idle!

Now its having throttle problems.... :wall: