tranny computer

Check your TPS. Automatic TPSs have two plugs, one for the ECU, and one for the TCU. Make sure that's plugged in and functioning before buying another TCU.

Do you know someone that you could borrow a TCU from just to make sure that's the problem?

I have not found one yet. I am the only comanche driver I know. TPS throttle position sensor? Everything looks to be plugged into the TCU. I have not had the ECU out of the truck. I am hopeing to find a used one, rebuilt ones are over $300.

When you say "it wouldn't change gears" Just what do you mean :hmm:

It does not shift from 1st to 2nd or what???

It could be a problem with the solenoids in the AW4, common problem, and easy fix.

Take some time and read thru this article -

http://www.transonline.com/transdigest/ ... index.html

If you need some parts, PM me, I have some solenoids out of the AW4 and couple TCU. Yea, I strip down the 2wd AW4's before the cores go out :roll:

JT had this problem last year, and found a dead solenoid after the tests, changed them out, and was back up running :D

But note.......it's also the time to change the fluid and filter too, cause you need to drop the pan ;)

You can check condition of solenoids at the TCU. Separate the large connector from the TCU. On the tran side with a circuit tester ground the tester to pin D7. With positive lead probe C14 (clutch converter), C15 (3rd) and C16 (1-2 gear). Each of these solenoids should read 11 - 15 OHMs, if not they are bad.

Near the back of the engine block on the passenger side there are two larger square connectors going down to the transmission. One gray, one black. make sure these are connected and not come apart.