UHaul Hitch

jimoshel

Fed Ex just left after dropping off my nice, shiny, black, new UHaul receiver hitch PN 75021 with a red tag on it saying "Do not reorder" Now I am curious as H*ll wondering how many they got left and how close to the last one I got.

:dunno:

did you order it from a store or the website? i used to work at uhell installing hitches, and when we did inventory any hitch that hadn't moved in at least a year got one of those tags, meaning not to order another one for stock if we ended up using it... i think uhaul hitches are made by reese so as long as they make it it should still be available..

I'll let you know when (If) I get mine.

FedEx came yesterday, and dropped off a tiny box of nuts & bolts for it. :dunno:

8 nuts & bolts to mount it, shipped separately from the hitch itself. :nuts:

The tracking number says the hitch itself will be here tomorrow,

if I get it I'll see if it's tagged like yours.

i think uhaul hitches are made by reese so as long as they make it it should still be available..

Mine was made by Drawtite. :dunno:

yeah, you're right now that i think about it.. its been quite some time since i've worked there...

There was 2 bolts, 3 flat washers, 2 square spacers about one and a half in on each side. I believe I'm missing some hardware altho when I ordered I didn't think it would be included. On the instruction sheet it says 'made by Draw tite. I ordered it on line from the uhaul store.

My bolt package came with 2 big (SAE) bolts to attach the hitch to the bumper, and 6 smaller metric bolts to replace the factory bumper bolts (I think).

It also came with 6 big square washers, and nuts for every bolt.

Tho the metric nuts were unplated, and the instructions say they were just for shipping purposes. :dunno:

If I don't get the hitch to go with my bolts tomorrow I'll figure they got both our orders the same day, and decided we'd split the last hitch. :yes:

If that's the case, my turn to use our hitch is next week. rtft.gif

jimoshel, you're off the hook,

I got mine today. :chillin:

It's like 10* outside tho, so I won't be putting mine on any time soon. :ack:

edit,

and though mine wasn't shiny like yours (shelf worn, missing sections of the stickers, and some scratches),

it DID have the red "do not reorder" tag on it.