Hey! It's a JEEP

mythreesons

Son # 3 was burning trash this morning and luckily saw the extra set of keys for Momma's GC IN THE FIRE!!!!! Must have gotten knocked off the wall keyboard and fell into the trash before it went outside.

We were just telling Mom about it and son #3 says the key just needs to be cleaned up but the FOB is probably fried. Mom pushes buttons and we hear the horn honk when it locked the doors.

The response in the room was "Hey, it's a JEEP."

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Scott (not willing to push that with Momma's Jeep too far)

The wife is getting used to it. Big difference from two suburbans in a row. I had all four wheels rebalanced yesterday but that's the only big thing that I feel I should do for this new-to-me vehicle. Standard items such as oil change, hose checks, etc. are going on, I just consider them as normal little things.

I have to keep reminding myself that it's her toy and I shouldn't "play" with it. :nuts:

aemsee,

Thanks for the offer. I will take a look at it tomorrow. Might just clean up the housing and sand down the rough spots. Might take the opportunity to fab one out of wood which is what I normally work with.

I'll let you know in a couple of days.

Thanks again,

Scott

TerraWombat:

Yes, it's common. We live in the sticks. It's a minimum of 1.5 miles gravel/mud/pothole/snowdrift/ice sheet/whatever road condition you can think of before you get to asphalt. We do have trash service that comes through our area, but I (like a lot of folks) don't want to pay what they want for it. Collect glass and metal cans and take them in to church. Standard policy that I have is donate for one month of trash service and use their dumpster for what I don't burn. Paper, junk mail, old catalog, etc. goes in the stove outside to heat the house. It likes stuff like that, cause it is a hungry bear.

This is it's normal diet:

aemsee:

Got the FOB cleaned up, don't think I will need a replacement. Thanks again for the offer.

Scott

6 Inch pipe approx. 20 inches underground holds the water lines to/from the pump at the back of the stove. The pipe is regular thin walled PVC. Inserted a copper "radiator", that the hot water is pumped into, into the ductwork of the house furnace. The furnace blower kicks on in the house and just circulates air through the radiator. Water temp is 160-180 degrees F so the air is still warm on the longest duct run at the output. Ends up with electricity to run a 1/8 hp pump, furnace blower and a little squirrel motor to fan the fire to heat the whole house.......About 2200 sqft.

I also have the water heater piped into this system so that it fills the WH with water that has run through a pipe in the water jacket in the stove. Essentially, the water heater is now just a storage tank that occasionally has to heat the water once it gets cooled down. BELIEVE ME when I say, nobody gets a cold shower whether your first or fifth in line.

Scott