YOU GUYS ROCK!

Not only have I now converted my original ba 10/5 to a 4X4, but now the cherokee 231 will fit on an function. I have discovered something that everybody needs to be aware of.

THE 1988 xj/mj np 231 is NOT the same as the YJ 231.

There in lays my promblem. My 4x4 conversion is complete. You guys are INTENSE!!!

Thank you very very very much! :banana: :banana: :banana: :cheers:

I hope you took a few pics for a write up. :D

When I tell people that you can convert a 2wd Peugeot to 4wd by swapping the tail housing & cutting the shaft, I usually get that 'sure you can' look. :yes:

Not only have I now converted my original ba 10/5 to a 4X4, but now the cherokee 231 will fit on an function. I have discovered something that everybody needs to be aware of.

There in lays my promblem. My 4x4 conversion is complete. You guys are INTENSE!!!

okay let me ger this sttaight you turned a 2wd tranny into a 4wd?

I think it's more of a "why would you bother?" look. :yes:

When I converted the two I did (~1998), Peugots were selling for $1000 each at the junkyard, if you could find one.

I bought a whole rolled YJ ~1997, just for the tranny.

AX-15's weren't falling out of tree's like they are now, so the solution for a broken BA was another BA. :ack:

okay let me ger this sttaight you turned a 2wd tranny into a 4wd?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21055

Yep and it only took me an hour and about 5 dremel discs, a hammer and some common sense. (Which isn't too common).

See I thought about smacking the plate on the rear before but I got intimidated by that big shaft, so I just left it and bought a new unit. You guys really saved my @$$.

And sorry no pics, no camera, but I am sure that taking it apart again is in the very new future.

Besides getting my hands on an ax-15 sounds pretty cool.

(Bell)