twisted seat belt fix

How do I go about un-twisting my seatbelt? I've had this on other vehicles, and usually you painstakingly roll it back thrugh the tiny slit. Mine seems to have a couple of twists. I've done the "tried & true" method I just mentioned, but I always end up with at least one twist. I've been living with this for a couple of years now but it's time to stop fighting it. I hope I don't need to remove the base.....I'm sure it's attached with Torx nuts....right? :mad:

Best advice I can give is to pull the seat belt out as far as it goes and isolate the area where the twists are and work them out using the method you spoke of.

If you can't, just unbolt the seat belt anchor point (yes it's torx) and straighten the belt.

One note.........if you do remove the shoulder belt, which is a lot of work :headpop:

Do not let it coil all the way in, there is a point of no return, and once it pass that point, the belt return will not work correctly after words :eek:

I had to replace the front e-brake cable today, so to make it easier, I removed the back of the seat. It wasn't hard at all to remove the "torx" bolt (a first for me) and I was able to straighten out the belt! Wow, it's soooooo nice to pull the belt across.....straight.....and now it retracts. Awesome image_209027.gif

I had to replace the front e-brake cable today, so to make it easier, I removed the back of the seat. It wasn't hard at all to remove the "torx" bolt (a first for me) and I was able to straighten out the belt! Wow, it's soooooo nice to pull the belt across.....straight.....and now it retracts. Awesome image_209027.gif