Passenger Side (Flag?) Mirror

Rymanrph

I need a mirror for my passenger side. I think they're called flag mirrors; the ones that mount on the door, but not the trucker style.

You can see in this picture that the one I have is round (the glass is broken anyway) and I want a normal one to match my driver side:

Thanks!

I just bought a new pair of 97-01 power heated mirrors on Ebay for ~$70.

The same guy had a new pair of manual (late model) mirrors for ~$50.

There's also plenty of people with the older style if you prefer that.

Aftermarket manufacturers are pumping these things out now, and they're selling them pretty cheap.

I was just going to connect the defrost function, to an XJ rear defrost switch,

and adjust the mirror part manually.

I adjusted a set on another MJ manually for a while, and it worked OK, I posed the question here, and another poster had done it for a year, or so.

If there's just a couple of screw mounting holes for the mirrors you have now, you could fill it with a MIG welder, smooth it with a flap wheel, then prime & paint it.

If there's bigger holes (like a big cut out for cable remote controls), it would take some real bodywork to cover.

Tho it is still a pickup truck, you could always make a plate to go over the hole, and call it good. :D

I had a FSJ pickup that had a cab mounted gas tank when I got it (behind the seat).

When I finally removed it, I pounded a flat plate into shape to fit the gas cap hole, attached it with a screw on each corner, and called it good. :dunno:

Ya know........I got one of these......I took it off a '87 MJ I think, it only had it on the passenger side :dunno:

I'll dig thru the shop tomorrow and see if I still have it. I'll post up a picture of it for you.

If it's what your looking for, you can have it for the cost of shipping :D

(so I can make more room in the shop for more MJ parts :yes: )

Oh, and your right, there called "Flag Mirrors"

It has a single bolt/screw in the base.......but......I wouldn't try to remove it.......it's not in the best of shape :roll:

I took mine off last night and I know which bolt you're talking about. I didn't come out in one piece; in fact it didn't all come out. I appreciate the effort and the offer, but I'll rather not drill two more holes in my door to accommodate the larger base. Thanks.

It has a single bolt/screw in the base.......but......I wouldn't try to remove it.......it's not in the best of shape :roll:

I took mine off last night and I know which bolt you're talking about. I didn't come out in one piece; in fact it didn't all come out. I appreciate the effort and the offer, but I'll rather not drill two more holes in my door to accommodate the larger base. Thanks.

You could probably get away with just drilling one new hole, and lining up the other with the existing hole. :D

(I'm just saying ;) )

Haha, yeah I thought about that. Eventually I will probably want to do the Cherokee style or even the 97+ mirrors, but for now I'm just trying to repair all the little things and then tackle the big projects later (except for the holes in my floor).