pulling a trailer

need some input from the clan --- thinking about a 20 -- 25 ft fifth wheel travel trailer, but don't want to buy a second truck to haul it with. you guys think my metric ton MJ would be ok? time for an engine rebuild anyway. thanks for the input.

What are you smoking? 5000lbs is the rating for an XJ or MJ. That long of a trailer, the high and large frontal area, much less the weight would be entirely too much to pull with an MJ. I have no doubt it will move it I just question the stopping. If you want to pull a 5th Wheel then I'd be looking for a 3/4 ton full sized pickup. You could look for a bumper pull trailer that's a bit smaller and have good luck.

- JP

What are you smoking? 5000lbs is the rating for an XJ or MJ. That long of a trailer, the high and large frontal area, much less the weight would be entirely too much to pull with an MJ. I have no doubt it will move it I just question the stopping. If you want to pull a 5th Wheel then I'd be looking for a 3/4 ton full sized pickup. You could look for a bumper pull trailer that's a bit smaller and have good luck.

- JP

DITTO.

3/4 ton or even a one ton full size for something that big.

Towing it with an MJ is a sure fire recipe for Instadeath. Recipe feeds: Everyone in your path.