puegot tranny issues help!!!

Hey guys...i got my 87 MJ and its got the puegot tranny in it...well about 6mnths ago the darn thing blew up so i only had 3 and 4 gear so i decided since money at the time was cheap to just replace instead of swapping...now i got a rebuild that a reputable shop built for me but now i am having a problem that only shows up every so often...what will happen is it will just mysteriously jump out of 1st gear and only that one?? now i know its not the syncro cuz the guy at the shop had to tear it back apart last week to replace it(burned out)...could i fix this by putting different fluid in or what I'm so annoyed and unfortunantly its my DD help me

i am running val 75w-90 in it now thx MJ rule jamminz.gif

The fact that the synchro "burned out" should be a clue. A synchronizer is not a clutch, and it can't "burn out." It's a splined collar that slides onto a splined shaft, much the way the front axle disconnect works. If a syncro failed in a freshly rebuit tranny, it's most likely because the linkage isn't adjusted correctly and the synchro is not engaging fully. That would initially put extra stress on whatever percentage of the splines ARE engaging (meaning what percentage of the length, not how many), and as the stress begins to wear at them, that's when it begins to pop out of gear.

yea your right i worded it wrong...he gave me the old syncro and the ribs on the silver color were completley gone the surface was smooth unlike the other side it was still ribbed...now i know the answer will probably be no but is there anyway that the adjustments can be made with the trans still in the truck since its my DD....can't afford to have this thing down again for another week while he fudges around with this.

Can't be adjusted in the truck. The "linkage" isn't an external, like the old 60's vintage muscle cars with their Hurst shifters. The shift handle goes into the top of the tranny and any adjustment has to be made internally (and I don't even know if there is any "adjustment" possible, other than assembling it correctly).