bluish ring for cigarette lighter?

Okay, I had to take the lighter apart today to clean it, so I thought I'd check this too. I found the or/blk pigtail....where does it connect to, and where does the light actually come from?

I haven't taken one apart in a few months but I'm pretty sure the orange and black pigtail connects to a 194 bulb on cherokees that sits up against the ring to light it. Mine didn't have the light so I grabbed one from a junkyard and used the cherokee one instead.

Did you just lay the light behind it or do you have the little holder that hooks onto the lighter?

:cheers:

Dayem Paul - do you take pics of everything? :cheers: Glad you do mate.

The freekin "cigar lighter" was an option on the base models. The wiring is there, but not the bulb holder/housing to plug it into. I got mine at the yard.

Dayem Paul - do you take pics of everything? :cheers: Glad you do mate.

The freekin "cigar lighter" was an option on the base models. The wiring is there, but not the bulb holder/housing to plug it into. I got mine at the yard.

As a matter of fact, yes. :yes:

No, not really.

Well actually, I figured a pic would better describe what I would have confused him on trying to explain it, so I ran out to the garage to snap a quick one. I just knew I had one laying around and wouldn't you know it, out of six of them, not one had the lamp holder. So I had to take out the one in the truck as it was now a mission to get the pic. :shake:

:cheers:

Cool, my cigar lighter doesn't look to have a ring around it for light though(factory '88 Pioneer). I did grab the pigtail and light for the ashtray light though and it has a blue sheath around the bulb.

While we're talking about lighting. My MJ had No (working) interior lights when I bought it... Since then I have installed:

- XJ Footwell lights

- GM Mirror Map lights

- Lighted Vanity Sunvisors (matching color with NP242 operating tag)

- Ashtray light

- Adv Auto parts B-pillar lights

- Transfer case indicator light

- OEM clock and backlight bulb

- Twillight Sentinel

Bright as hell at night now :yes: