Hello fellow MJ owner's, i'm the new guy from WI. . .

AMC-MJ

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

engine: 379 V-6.......... 388tq@1800rpm.

Trans: SM-420

Gears: 5.13's.

Mike

Sweet baby Jesus on a Friday.....

I got a house that needs moved, could I borrow? :D

:bowdown:

Jeff

you like that ? . . . they only rated it with a 14,000LB GVWR ! yet it'll tow 22,000lb's in payload perfectly.

The 77' Ford F-350 has the 351M V-8, 235hp@3,750rpm n 415tq@2200rpm, granny 4spd, 4.56 gear's 245/70R19.5G tires. . . 12.5K-lb GVWR tow's 18K-lb's payload routinely . . .

The 53' Studebaker M275 has a 331CID I-6 Gasser turning 127hp@3400rpm n 320tq@1,600rpm 5spd manual NO over drive and has 6.72 gears 11.00R20H tires . . . 36K-lb GVWR yet pulls 45K-lb's payload flawlessly . . .

The 59' Mack B61T has a 711 I-6 turbo charged non turbo diesel :yes: , 315hp@2250 n 1475tq@1250rpm 15SPD-OD, and 6.38 gears 12.00R24J tires . . . 120K-lb GVWR yet pulls 175K-lb's perfectly . . .

It's a toss up between the 77' Ford n the 62' GMC as to which is stronger from my experience they seem to be dead even, but if i had to guess it would be the GMC a the stronger one by the math.

Math:

62' GMC 388tq x 5.13 gears = 1990.44lb's.

77' Ford 415tq x 4.56 gears = 1892.40lb's.

I was told taking the peak torque times the gear ratio give you the torque multiplication factor, So there for the 62 GMC is applying about 100lb's more of forward force then the 77 Ford . . .

Mike

I would love to have a deuce and a half for a DD...

Hey do you loan trucks? Sometimes I need a tow-rig for projects... I have a CDL class B with air brake endorsement, and Fire Vehicle operators license...

So can I borrow one sometime?

Rob L. :dunno:

:dunno: I don't know about that :dunno: . . .

the Mack is a 2 stick trans, the Stude got hit by a drunk driver while it was parked so it's in need of some repair. . .

I collector tagged them so i can only haul 500lb's . . . unless the plate is blocked by the trailer ;) i risk i'd rather i took myself . . .

Mike

:dunno: I don't know about that :dunno: . . .

the Mack is a 2 stick trans, the Stude got hit by a drunk driver while it was parked so it's in need of some repair. . .

I collector tagged them so i can only haul 500lb's . . . unless the plate is blocked by the trailer ;) i risk i'd rather i took myself . . .

Mike

:(

Rob L.

I know stupid insurance guy's right ? . . . nothing special about my Rig's any how . . .

My Rig's:

1953 Studebaker M275:

Image Not Found

The damage the drunk when he ran off the road n hit my truck:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

1959 Mack B61T:

1962 GMC 4500:

1988 Jeep MJ :

1995 GMC K2500:

that's all i got for photo's in my bucket account . . . as you can see there is nothing special about my Rig's just basic old truck's that start run drive steer and stop . . .they all run and drive and are driven all summer long, the 95' GMC K2500 was my daily driver but the 6.5 diesel kept giving me grief so i bought the Jeep as a plan B beater i could use if the diesel acted up this winter and well it , So i put the Comanche on the road and started driving that about a week or 2 ago now so far its been trooper . . . I have no idea what it's longevity is but for now it my driver . . .

Mike