Fug it. Need highsteer.

My steering just isn't going to work unless I go highsteer... This is for the Ford D44 - with waggy outers.

So, what ya think? I can get a set of flat-top chevy knuckles out of the boneyard. Then I need arms. Recomendations? And I need to get the knuckles machined (might be pricey).

Although, do I have to get the driver's side machined? It is already flat. Flat enough? Or should it be honed down?

Why can't you just use a Ford steering set up? Doesn't the drag link hook to the tie rod? I've gotta hunt me a passenser side flat top myself, I'm using a Chevy 44 front. If you go that route I've got a drivers side Chevy 44 knuckle I'd sell you pretty cheap. Just let me know if you need it.

I don't think you have to machine the drivers side. 8)

The DS Chevy is already flattop, no work required. The PS is a little tougher to come by, most common in '73-'75 Wagoneer which is what mine came out of.

Check out www.sky-manufacturing.com and click on the Chevy/Ford link for steering arms. They'll machine a knuckle for highsteer for $45 if you provide the knuckle.

Guest Hotrodjeep

That's true, the Ford spindles are 5 bolt. If you can figure it out w/o highsteer I've got a pair of Chevy knuckles, but the passenger side is non-flat top. I'll let you have them cheap since you're a club member if you want them both or just the DS. There's a JY here that has 2 flat top front ends, but they won't part them out. 8)

search around on the net... parts mike or something like that, usually has pretty good deals on flat top knuckles with highsteer arms.. all machined ready to go..

I have a local guy that i got my knuckle and highsteer arm from plus he machined it for me.. like $185 but finding those knuckles around here are getting harder and harder to find.