Does and 89 2.5 renix have a CPS?

just curious, I thought they did but there's a foot of wet snow on the ground and I don't really want to get wet. LOL (And why would checker auto not carry a replacement CPS, or be able to order one? Is it a dealer direct sort of thing?)

What are the symptoms of a CPS going bad?

Thanks for the replies

I've never bought one, but to clean it, it'll cost you a can of O2 sensor safe throttle body cleaner, which usually run about 4 bucks. Pop the throttle body off, spray it, scrub it all down with an old toothbrush, wipe it out and throw it back on. Probably be a good idea to pull the IAC out to clean it up.

I've never bought one, but to clean it, it'll cost you a can of O2 sensor safe throttle body cleaner, which usually run about 4 bucks. Pop the throttle body off, spray it, scrub it all down with an old toothbrush, wipe it out and throw it back on. Probably be a good idea to pull the IAC out to clean it up.

ok ill try that tomorrow. :cheers:

I cleaned it all today and it seems to idle better but i will see after if completely cools down.

I did die on me today after school. I started it. left my spot got halfway down the aisle and pushed the clutch all the way in and it died. it had a hard time staying alive it seemed like but after warm up it was perfect

I cleaned it all today and it seems to idle better but i will see after if completely cools down.

I did die on me today after school. I started it. left my spot got halfway down the aisle and pushed the clutch all the way in and it died. it had a hard time staying alive it seemed like but after warm up it was perfect

a low idle or running poorly isn't normally associated with the cutting off of a CPS dying, it's more like someone shut the switch off. sounds more like IAC or plugs