Look what manche drug home.....

pilotblake

The wife has been bugging me to get a canoe for awhile, but the idea of always having to paddle slowed my efforts. Anyway just in time for winter I found this gem 8 miles from me, at the right price. The trailer bugged me, so I tore it down sanded it and laid down some good industrial grade paint, all new wiring and lights. Even got the Shore Land'r decals and bunk carpet for free, since the factory is right up the road. The canoe or "scanoe" is rated for up to a 5hp outboard, if I go that route. Anyway the trailer is a tilt trailer and all. Anyone deal with repairing plastic on these canoes? I have a couple spots that have been glued, but would like a better fix. Doesn't leak the way it is just bugs me I guess.

Thanks, it always amazes me what a little paint can do. The difference between what it started out at, and what it ended up at cost around $60. I got the guy $100 lower just for the condition of the trailer. :rotf:

CW i still have my mind wrapped around your trailer build, this just took my mind off it for a couple days. :clapping: I juuuust about started fabbing up stuff to make this a multi function trailer in true family fashion, but i decided to keep it simple and get it done. I don't know if I learned it on here or where but it sticks in my head now whenever I start working on something. K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid. :dunno: ...the only reason it isn't rolling on 33's is that the axels weren't wide enough for my rims to fit on. Then I started looking at spacers and blocks to lift the axle etc. and I remembered K.I.S.S. :doh: ...one day...one day...